PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July and Kindergarten Graduation

I have a couple of layouts I've done in the past two days to share really quick- then I must get back to dinner on the stove!
For my 4th of July layout, I got the idea for the trails on the fireworks from the July issue of Creating Keepsakes. I had the doilies sitting out and thought, wow, there's my fireworks! I just jazzed them up with some mists and some bling.The sketch is from July's Pagemaps. I love using Becky Fleck's sketches for photo sizes, it really takes a lot of the work out of the process.

Since I already had these papers out, I made a quick 6x6 page for a mini album. This might be my favorite picture of Luke ever.


Then, as I was going through my June pictures, I had all of these from my brother's graduation. figured I'd better get a page done before he graduates high school. =P I got the idea of the tearing and layering the background papers from a 2Peas Garden Girl.

Thanks for looking, now I better make sure dinner isn't burning!
Oh and before I forget, I tried another doily the other night and it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted. I looks pretty forced to me. Oh well, I'll try another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment