PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

Studio Calico does a Pinterest inspiration challenge every few weeks and I finally got a chance to take part. I'm a giant lover of typography and digital art, especially those made for local concerts and four color prints for screen printing. When I saw this image, it went immediately onto my "scrapbook inspiration board", even without prior knowledge of the challenge.
Pin is located here: http://pinterest.com/pin/52543252/, along with source info.
A few things really jumped out at me on this piece. For one, the color scheme is great- teal is really calling to me lately. Next, the typography. There are a ton of different fonts here but they work together very well, adding interest in all the right places. Next, the distressing around the edges- I love the worn look! And last, the shape is something I really wanted to incorporate in a page- it's different, visually interesting, and I'm not sure I've ever seen it on a page before!
So here's my take:


You can see I went very literal with my interpretation- sticking with the colors, the shape, the varied typography, I even added paint and ink around the page to wear it a bit. All I had to do for the basic shape was enlarge a bracket - ( } ) in photoshop, flip it, print it and trace it! It's very simple but I really love this one. And here's a little insider note- this is my first time using that Martha butterfly punch. I know, WHAAAAT??? Yeah, I live in a house of boys, what can I say.
Anyway, I have a lot of other pins waiting to be scraplifted- if I can ever pull myself away from Pinterest long enough to play.
Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I saw this in the SC gallery, I think and I still love it heaps!

    Thank you for commenting on my Wordless Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors and your interpretation of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout. I am a literal girl too so I'd be doing the same thing. You translated it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Pinterest a great spot for inspiration! Love your take on that image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful layout and i loved how you took inspiration from that ad!! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete