PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Short attention span

I sewed a few rows of the quilt in my previous post and then realized I had no idea what I was going to back or bind it with. Made me not as anxious to work on it- I hate not being able to completely finish something. So, it will sit until I can make some decisions- any input would be greatly appreciated!!
I did have a chance to participate in a Studio Calico challenge. Designer Laura Kurz asked us to try using photo enlargements on our pages. I knew immediately what photo I was going to use but figuring out placement took me a while.



It looks like this would qualify for a 30 minute or less page, but in reality, I put a few things here and there, stepped away for a few hours, came back and changed my mind- for three days. I wanted to make sure I did the photo justice as it means so much to me.
Actually, I'm not really much of a sentimental person. Yeah, some movies make me cry, and I'm a sucker for a really good Extreme Home Makeover, but other than that- I'm pretty down to earth. This photo though, makes me teary eyed EVERY time I look at it. There are so many things that this photo represents- my son, getting older every day, moving away from being my little baby to being almost 2, him looking back, almost for reassurance, my strong husband who keeps our family together and is an amazing father... it just goes on and on. This is definitely my most treasured photo.
In other news, two more weeks of boring classes and then my ART SCHOOL classes start! Yessss! My love for paper started early- new notebooks for school, freshly sharpened pencils, pink erasers, and other office supplies waiting to be used- but that is nothing compared to new art supplies. I got a drawing board, a t-square, a new exacto knife, some sketching pencils- it's amazing. My husband thinks I'm crazy but I can't wait to start putting it to good use!
Well loves, thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love this LO, and that pic is incredible. Totally blow-up worthy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout and such a sweet picture! I would definitely blow this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is totally a goosebumps photo - love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic layout. the photo made me smile. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is gorgeous - love that photo too :) have fun at school - I loved studying art in college!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well I don't care how long it took you, I love what you did with it and those tags are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can really see why you love this photo so much, it's one of those photos that just tells a story! I really love what you did with this LO and all the little touched like the top corner being curled over. It's all really lovely. :) x

    ReplyDelete